Manchester United Foundation
Engage, Inspire, Unite
The Foundation use football to engage and inspire young people to build a better life for themselves and unite the communities in which they live.
Dedicated staff deliver educational and community outreach programmes to help young people make positive choices in their lives.
The Foundation aim to develop a holistic approach both in and outside the classroom, using high-quality teaching materials that cover English, Maths, PE and PSHE as well as working with teaching staff to support the delivery of physical education (PE) in the school.
Partner Primary School Officer
Our coach (Adam Whitfield) delivers a minimum of one full day of delivery via six touch points a day for the whole academic year. This includes:
- Physical education with teacher CPD support
- PPA Cover (must be less than 40% of all physical delivery)
- Targeted group interventions
- Aspirational and motivational sessions
- First aid programme
- Leadership Academy
- Secondary school transition
- Extra-curricular clubs
- Competition support
- Impact report at the end of each full term
Also included for partner primary schools:
One half-term block of delivery throughout the academic year from the following options:
- Active maths
- Active English
- Eat Well programme
- Disability awareness programme
- PSHE workshops (mixed groups) eg Black History Month, Wellbeing, International Women’s Week, Anti-Bullying.