The Mater Christi Multi-Academy Trust
Following the will of the Bishop that all schools in the Diocese Lancaster should look to academise into larger MAT families, the Mater Christi Multi-Academy Trust was founded in September 2021, bringing together eight Catholic schools across Cumbria and north Lancashire as founder members.
In uniting to form the Mater Christi MAT, the governors and Directors are joining together as a Catholic family of schools, preserving what is best in each, and offering support for all as we strive to live out our mission as Catholic schools dedicated to serving our communities, providing them with an education for their children of which they can be proud.
"Inspired by the example of Mary, Mother of Christ, Mater Christie is a family of Primary and Secondary Catholic Schools, living and learning together for the common good of our children, families and communities.
Our Schools will strengthen the Catholic Mission in the Diocese of Lancaster, and have the wellbeing of our children at the heart of all we do.
We are equal partners with a shared calling to ensure our children an outstanding education, providing them with the knowledge, skills and spiritual development to excel in all they do"
Mater Christi Trust
Chief Executive Officer : Miss Jacky Kennedy
Chief Operating Officer : Maureen McKendry
Chair of the Trust Board: John Murray
Diocese: Diocese of Lancaster
Mater Christi Multi Academy Trust.
This Trust is a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales. Company registration number 13272608
Registered Office: The Education Centre, Balmoral Road, Lancaster, LA1 3BT
As a Trust, we aim to
Our Catholic Life #Loving
- Encourage the love and service of God and others
- Nurture the Catholic Faith of our communities through a rich prayer life
- Invite all to live an actively authentic life as part of God's family
- Know and experience the presence of God in our lives
Our Curriculum #Learning
- Work together to provide an excellent education that is relevant to the lives of our young people in each of our schools
- Support our children to grow in virtue so as to make a positive and intentional contribution to society, and to bear witness to God's word
- Enlighten the lives of our young people by providing a wider curriculum that gives opportunities for all to develop and build their self-belief and worth
- Ensure our young people leave us as happy, compassionate and fulfilled individuals of good character
Our Staff #Together
- Ensure that we appreciate and are grateful for the contribution of our Staff and Governors to our Mission
- Actively encourage each other to discern the best possible actions that lead to excellence
- Place wellbeing at the heart of the development of our policies and practice
- Be attentive to the needs of our staff so that they are encouraged to meet their personal goals
Pastoral Care #Loving
- Ensure the interests of our children are paramount and guide everything we seek to do
- Promote and develop eloquence, dignity and compassion so our communities are loving, hopeful and attentive
- Honour the richness of diversity in our school by recognising that all are made in the image of God
- Support our children to be wise, learned and curious
Communities and Partners #Trust
- Be attentive to the voices in our communities
- Build truthful, prophetic and inclusive relationships
- Be generous in our collaborative work for the positive development of all schools within our MAT
- Establish clear and relevant communication channels, allowing our schools and stake-holders to be visible in their local community and across the Diocese.